Friday, June 19, 2015

Of Solitude and Camaraderie


Why mustn't I be only and lonesome?
When you – my dear beloved – are miles away
What about those days we spent in the vicinity of each other’s smiles and words
Those which never dulled out for you were present, alongside
Striving for spending yet another day and yet another hour
Where are the lunches and dinners we used to prepare?
While you saved the very last bite to kiss my lips, always
This distance, growing in abundance and, seeming infinite
Is equally prosaic as it is appalling
More of the latter and less of the former but certainly a blend


Why must I be only and lonesome?
When you – my dear beloved – are just steps away
Struggling your way through jobs, untouched and people, unnoticed
And guiding upon me as my Guardian Angel, the one they call ‘Michael’
As the week comes to a close, my eyes, once again, shine
For it will bring You, along with
To paint my days with yet another hue and yet another colour
And embellish my nights with matchless care and immaculate passion
The distance, ceasing to end and, seeming in disguise
No longer prevails.


Tune into Ed Shareen 'Thinking Out Loud' already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on that thoughtful mind?
Your views/criticism are valuable. Go ahead and share a thing or two :)